Author Topic: YMM Chart  (Read 3642 times)

Offline Fredeich

YMM Chart
« on: April 20, 2014, 11:06:02 PM »
Hi

Just a platform shot of one of my 2 charts that I use for trading.

I use 8 indicators all 8 have to agree.  Entries are taken on support or with resistance.  Support and resistance are shown with real time Fractal channels.  They are not wrong because they are the visual result of price action.  As I said they are real time.

No longer a need for floor pivots, fib lines and retracements, voodoo lines or any other form of support.  It is all there in red and green.
The support and res. is actually 2 indicators, the Fractal Channel and the multiple fractal channel.  The multiple fractal channel brings old support and resistance forward as appropriate to the current price action.  All I have to do is look at a higher time chart to find major support and resistance.

This a trade what you see method, no analysis necessary.  Just trust the indicators. This is a productive and accurate method of trading and results in virtually no drawdown.

Fred

Offline twelve

Re: YMM Chart
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 02:07:25 PM »
Interesting looking chart there Fred..what are the indi's...or are they the same with adjusted settings?

Thanks for sharing.

Offline Master Trader

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 01:22:19 PM »
Who is the vendor of these indi's so we can check if they have
ninjatrader version of them ?

Please elaborate more about the method and post more pics with examples
of trade you took.
How many points are you aiming to get in every trade and how you
decide your exit?

Offline tracer888

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2014, 06:02:57 PM »
These indi's look great, you piece them together yourself?  I'm also with TS, would love to give them a whirl.  So many systems for NT, not nearly as many for TS.

Offline twelve

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2014, 04:55:54 PM »
Hi

Just a platform shot of one of my 2 charts that I use for trading.

I use 8 indicators all 8 have to agree.  Entries are taken on support or with resistance.  Support and resistance are shown with real time Fractal channels.  They are not wrong because they are the visual result of price action.  As I said they are real time.

No longer a need for floor pivots, fib lines and retracements, voodoo lines or any other form of support.  It is all there in red and green.
The support and res. is actually 2 indicators, the Fractal Channel and the multiple fractal channel.  The multiple fractal channel brings old support and resistance forward as appropriate to the current price action.  All I have to do is look at a higher time chart to find major support and resistance.

This a trade what you see method, no analysis necessary.  Just trust the indicators. This is a productive and accurate method of trading and results in virtually no drawdown.

Fred

Anyone heard from Fred about the charts he posted?

Offline Fredeich

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2014, 12:02:16 AM »
The fractal channel as I have it setup is actually 2 indicators.  The Fractal Channel and the Multiple Fractal channel.  These are only available for Tradestation.  They are available here: http://www.customizedtrading.com/TradeStation_Add_Ons/Fractal_Channel_Indicators

The bottom indicator is the value chart by Quant Trading.  I use this in a way they did not intend.  It is expensive and not really needed, it does give me info the other indicators do not, but I still would not take a trade unless the other's give the signal. I believe it is about $1000 but I can trade without it, so I feel it is not worth the money.

The other 3 are a modified CCI which is really the only other indicator, besides the fractals that I need.  This CCI is how I developed my own style of trading..  As you perhaps know Woody has written out a very fine trading plan using the CCI and that is what I started with..

My first rule of trading for me is not to loose money, thus the very tight stops possible with the Fractals, often only 2 or three ticks.  Contrary to what most of the gurus say, I have found that you don't have to loose money with large stops.  You really determine your stops with precise entries.

The other 2 indicators are a DPO and a proprietary indicator that reads momentum and volume.

Look carefully at the support and resistance pts. and notice how often the fractals hold, both the support and resistance, then all you need is a way to time your entry. In most instances the lines are in place before the price gets there.  In large moves we let the fractal tell us when to get out.  I will include a picture of a great trade last week, where the fractal dictated the terms. LOL  Went short at 575 and out 4 1/2 hrs later with div at 375 for 200 pts.  The fractal was not penetrated so you just stay with the trade.  I chose to get out on triple divergence shown on the 633 tick. The only way you can screw up the trade is to try and manage it.  It took me more than a year to learn to just leave it alone.  I always wanted to take my 20 tick profit and then miss the real move.  With this I almost never have a target unless the price is channelized.  If it is then you can sell the highs and buy the lows with very tight precision, and it will almost always warn you when the mkt is getting ready to move.

This method that I use is consistent day after day, and repeatable.  My trading partner is in Florida and I am in Ca., but we are almost always in and out at the exact same pts. or within a tick or two.  That means anybody can do this if you are dedicated and willing to spend the time.  My guess is that you can learn to be profitable almost immediately on the sim, but to trade real money will probably take 4 to 6 months.  You must believe in these triggers to trade successfully and that takes time and repetition. 

I have been asked for TS workspace and I will be happy to provide workspace and the indicators that I own if you wish.  Just send me an e-mail.

Offline tke

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2014, 10:36:54 AM »
Hi Frediech many thanks for replying with more detail....it looks like a great system and hopefully easy (with practice) to follow...cheers

Offline twelve

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2014, 11:24:25 AM »
Thanks Frederich...appreciate the info and glad you found something that works for you.