Author Topic: introduce meseff  (Read 697 times)

Offline shadow

introduce meseff
« on: September 08, 2015, 11:07:14 AM »
 ;) Hope this is a friendly community.   It's nice to find a venue for traders.  Last thing I traded were stock options...mostly index etf's.      Though I have traded commodities long before the ETFs . Not so young anymore....and life is catchin up with me.  Hence, the hospital gown.

I am interested in developing techniques for short term trading in commodities, stocks and possibly I would like to learn how to put on ""Iron Condor" Option spreads.. 
I must say though. after that very nasty route in the American Stock market about 2 -3 weeks ago, those caught holding short puts may have gotten their heads handed to them.  I am thinking in particular about "KAREN THE SUPERTRADER'    She began with Iron Condors, but my understanding is that she was wrting naked options to collect the premium. I hope she made it through OK. I can imagine her clearing firm burning up the phone lines with her office in thre ensuing days. SHe had two to three days to unload or at least adjust the position. Holding long options would have been prudent.
Anyhow Guy zand others. That is a little bit about me.    maybe we can chat again later..eh? :D :D

Offline THE GUY

• Administrator
Re: introduce meseff
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2015, 01:26:33 PM »
Hey Shadow..welcome.
If you are looking for info on option strategies, hard to beat the gang over at tasteytrade. That's their bread and butter and they focus on teaching the different strategies etc...tonnes of videos etc.

https://www.tastytrade.com

Offline shadow

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2015, 10:10:49 PM »
 8) :oThanks. I have seen their videos. "Karen the Supertrader" etc. But they teach? I would like to be sble to write credit  spreads. Like Karen. Except I read somewhere that she had was doing a lot "nekked" (Her pronounciation) option writing.  I hope she didn't get hurt in the fiasco fall 3 weeks ago.
So can I sign on at  Tasty Trade for free & is it a forum or exactly what?
Thank you in advance.

Offline shadow

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2015, 10:18:29 PM »
I just saw the link you provided Guy. Thank you. I shall mosey on over there now~
What I was hoping to find here: Approaches to swing trading.  LBR Group may be my best bet foir that. Linda Rashke, ("New Market Wizards" fame)  runs that trading venue. She wrote a pretty good book with Larry Conners called Street Smarts. I bought it over twenty years ago, but lost it. I think it cost me 200 bucks. I recall they gave good set ups for the S&P, complete with targets etc.