Author Topic: Hi everyone from Lake Jackson, Texas USA  (Read 918 times)

Offline 1jamesw1

Hi everyone from Lake Jackson, Texas USA
« on: November 03, 2015, 06:59:00 PM »

Hi all from Lake Jackson, Texas
I have been gearing up to trade in the forex market for quite a while now but I am sorry to say that I have not done much with any of it, you might say always revving up but never going anywhere (you wouldn’t believe how hard for me to say as that means afraid to even step out and try) which is the same as ‘fail’. Believe it or not I am knowledgeable concerning forex, charting and what’s going on just pulling the trigger and failing is quite a fear for me.

I have some experience with binary options also but seems to be the same scenario as above.

I am 64, living in Lake Jackson, Texas and have a great time with my 2 grand kids quite often and as much as I can.

I am retired from Dow Chemical in 2009 but work on a part time basis at Brazosport College here in Lake Jackson, Texas.

I am glad to have found this forum and after watching the MACD Scalping Strategy and joining this forum for support perhaps things could change. I would be content to start out to supplement my income with $200 dollars per day trading only 2-3 hours a day in the currency market. I was thinking something around the European open say 8:30 PM to 10 PM CST and the NY open about 8:30 AM to 10 AM. CST.

I would ask what time of day has been found to be the most profitable and consistent market movements to trade this strategy and why a time-frame of M2 instead of M1 or M5 etc?

Anyway I have rambled enough so just to let all of you know I am happy to be here.   

Offline THE GUY

• Administrator
Re: Hi everyone from Lake Jackson, Texas USA
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2015, 10:38:17 PM »
Hey 1jamesw1,

Hope all is well down in Texas. Heard some flooding down there and hope it missed you.

The M2 is simply the way the MT4 platform is able to produce a range chart. Every other platform on the planet has them as a stock item. With MT4 we need to add a script and use an offline chart. We need to name our newly made chart anything but the standard M1, M5, M15 M30 etc...so that is where M2 comes from. It's a range chart vs a time chart.
As far as times go, the usual suspects are the Ldn and NY times that are going to give the most movements in most pairs.

Offline 1jamesw1

Re: Hi everyone from Lake Jackson, Texas USA
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2015, 11:21:46 PM »
Thanks for the answer and we missed most of the flooding where we are however there was a tornado or two that touched down but no one was hurt.

I did get the range chart installed and attached to a one M1 chart (indicates it in the top left of the chart) however not sure when you say open an off line chart. Is the video available for viewing? Is there another link to it?

Thanks