Author Topic: scalper strategy  (Read 15744 times)

Offline raja

Re: scalper strategy
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2013, 03:51:36 AM »
today was bit quite after a crazy fall yesterday. there were couple of trades which I missed because I was not on the computer. however just now i spotted a trade and took it. though all the conditios met but because the price action had been very slow all day so it may not be of that high quality but i couldn't resist and jumped int6o it.guy let me know if the set up is ok or I could have refined it.
cose the trade this morning for 20 pips profit as the macd has crossed the opposite direction. still not bad. got something out of it.

Offline THE GUY

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2013, 08:26:17 AM »
Excellent...thanks for posting raja!!!!

Offline raja

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2013, 10:11:26 AM »
took another trade but it seems that trade is going against me and i was wondering. is there something wrong then I realised that price action is bit congested. one of the condition that two three candles should clearly be moving in one direction before retracement. this condition is miissing in this trade. however trend in higher Tf's is down. well whatever the result is I will accept it.

Offline THE GUY

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2013, 10:19:54 AM »
The congestion is a killer most of the time and I try my best to avoid it. The idea of the set up was to get in on a "strong" move pullback...with those overlapping bars it's tough to know which way it will go.

Are you strictly looking at the 30M to take trades off of...or are you looking at 15 and 1H as well?

took another trade but it seems that trade is going against me and i was wondering. is there something wrong then I realised that price action is bit congested. one of the condition that two three candles should clearly be moving in one direction before retracement. this condition is miissing in this trade. however trend in higher Tf's is down. well whatever the result is I will accept it.

Offline raja

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2013, 10:40:05 AM »
The congestion is a killer most of the time and I try my best to avoid it. The idea of the set up was to get in on a "strong" move pullback...with those overlapping bars it's tough to know which way it will go.

Are you strictly looking at the 30M to take trades off of...or are you looking at 15 and 1H as well?

M30 chart is a bit cool. not too fast not too slow. i do looked other charts.on weekly, H4 and M30 Macd had crossed bearishly so I thought since the sentiments are bearish, hence trade should work out.
after putting the trade when I was doing my lunch and was thinking, is everything ok with trade, then ur talk in the video start replaying in my mind and I realised that there are not only three conditions but 4 and 4th one is move to one side and now I learnt the 5th as well, to avoid congestion.
we learn from mistake hopefully, I learnt something.
H4 chart is given for furher elaboration that why I took that trade.

Offline THE GUY

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2013, 12:01:42 PM »
Gotcha...I noticed a few trades on the 15 early this am, but didn't show on the 30...I agree the 30 is kinda of a sweetspot.

[/quote]
M30 chart is a bit cool. not too fast not too slow. i do looked other charts.on weekly, H4 and M30 Macd had crossed bearishly so I thought since the sentiments are bearish, hence trade should work out.
after putting the trade when I was doing my lunch and was thinking, is everything ok with trade, then ur talk in the video start replaying in my mind and I realised that there are not only three conditions but 4 and 4th one is move to one side and now I learnt the 5th as well, to avoid congestion.
we learn from mistake hopefully, I learnt something.
H4 chart is given for furher elaboration that why I took that trade.
[/quote]

Offline raja

« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2013, 05:23:48 AM »
took this trade on usdjpy H1. channel cum TL strategy has been used. chart is attached for further explaination.

Offline raja

« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2013, 08:37:08 AM »
took this trade on usdjpy H1. channel cum TL strategy has been used. chart is attached for further explaination.
set up was fine but it didn't work out so stopped out.

Offline THE GUY

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2013, 08:45:51 AM »
Stuck to your plan, took your predefined stop loss...good trade!

Offline raja

« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2013, 05:56:38 AM »
its bank holiday, markets are slow but I saw a set up so entered.

Offline THE GUY

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2013, 08:38:21 AM »
Should be a slow day, but you never know. Hopefully it will just take a little longer for you to grab your pips.

Offline raja

« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2013, 11:39:22 AM »
its bank holiday, markets are slow but I saw a set up so entered.
close  the trade manually with 42 pips profit.

Offline THE GUY

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2013, 12:04:40 PM »
Bravo...nice trade raja!!

Offline raja

« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2013, 03:24:43 AM »
trade on chfjpy entered today as it meets all the conditions and broke the trend line as well.

Offline raja

« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2013, 04:20:36 AM »
stopped out on BE in previous trade and entered another on gbpush H4.
this is an interesting set up. piercing pattern at daily support. double bottom. there is an interesting set up on weekly chart. we have a mother bar, an IB pb and the third bar which tested the bottom of IB pb.its ranging market on weekly.though it broke below the support on weekly, it may retest. I don't know weather thsi set up make any sense.but charts are included.