Author Topic: scalper strategy  (Read 15979 times)

Offline THE GUY

• Administrator
Re: scalper strategy
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2013, 09:07:45 AM »
I like the DB on the G/U...hope it runs for you!

Offline raja

« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2013, 02:15:40 PM »
I like the DB on the G/U...hope it runs for you!
stopped out on a small loss. but it was crazy later on the day. I couldn't take benefit as I was away. well these are the markets. we do our best but be winner all the time.

Offline THE GUY

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2013, 03:00:13 PM »
Small losers are a great thing...that is my goal...to keep my losers small...they happen and if I can control them, the winners take care of themselves.

[/quote]
stopped out on a small loss. but it was crazy later on the day. I couldn't take benefit as I was away. well these are the markets. we do our best but be winner all the time.
[/quote]

Offline raja

« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2013, 06:23:34 AM »
entered this trade using scalpers strategy. now I have moved the SL to BE, as the trade has moved to my favour equivalent to 1:1. we have a minor support coming up , see how it goes around this support, if it passed my target is next support level of daily chart. anyway this trade is now risk free.

Offline THE GUY

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2013, 08:12:30 AM »
Great looking trade with a tonne of upside...always nice to be at break even, hope it runs for you.
Thanks for sharing!!!

entered this trade using scalpers strategy. now I have moved the SL to BE, as the trade has moved to my favour equivalent to 1:1. we have a minor support coming up , see how it goes around this support, if it passed my target is next support level of daily chart. anyway this trade is now risk free.

Offline raja

« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2013, 04:00:31 PM »
Great looking trade with a tonne of upside...always nice to be at break even, hope it runs for you.
Thanks for sharing!!!

so far locked in about 100 pips and trade is kicking well.

Offline THE GUY

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2013, 04:02:16 PM »
Well done raja...great hold...where are you looking to exit?

Offline raja

« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2013, 06:45:55 PM »
Well done raja...great hold...where are you looking to exit?
I usually look for some strong S/R which is in H4 and daily chart. a strong support. if it keep going in my favour, otherwise trailing stop is there holding 100 pips.

Offline raja

« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2013, 06:52:19 PM »
I took couple of more trades as well, eurjpy is doing very well. it was a momentum trade. i was a bit sceptical but pull the trigger and is doing very well now. also traded eurcad channel trading, its not progressing at the moment. hopeful of the trade .

Offline raja

« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2013, 01:35:15 PM »
yesterday, I had a very good trade on eurjpy, it run up to 120 pips, but as I moved my SL to BE, this morning i was stopped out for BE. winner turns to a loose.
I entered couple of more trades today, one is on eurusd and other gbpusd.

Offline THE GUY

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2013, 01:55:23 PM »
OUCH raja...120 pips to b/e...remember as traders we are here to take profits...very seldom does a trade go 500 pips etc. without a pullback of some kind....maybe look to trail a move like that to take some profits at least.

I took a trade on the E/U...got stopped out for 15 then got back in on the next bar and took 25 on 2/3's of the position...holding the last 1/3 for 50 target. Moved my stop to the 1.3080 area for 20 if it comes back and takes me out.

Offline raja

« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2013, 02:47:17 PM »
OUCH raja...120 pips to b/e...remember as traders we are here to take profits...very seldom does a trade go 500 pips etc. without a pullback of some kind....maybe look to trail a move like that to take some profits at least.

I took a trade on the E/U...got stopped out for 15 then got back in on the next bar and took 25 on 2/3's of the position...holding the last 1/3 for 50 target. Moved my stop to the 1.3080 area for 20 if it comes back and takes me out.
i got my lesson, i couldn't believe but its trading, any thing can happen. so from the next trade i moved SL up and got about 100 pips from those two trades. though I still lost a lot of pips but as u said we should grab something ouit of it. may be next time I go for 1:2 R:R.

Offline THE GUY

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2013, 03:30:51 PM »
Your entries are great...it'll help to have a target in mind...there is always going to be money left on the table..picking tops and bottoms will drive us crazy, but if you can nail your targets over and over...there is nothing to stop you from increasing your lot size.

Keep up the great work and thanks again for sharing with the forum.

i got my lesson, i couldn't believe but its trading, any thing can happen. so from the next trade i moved SL up and got about 100 pips from those two trades. though I still lost a lot of pips but as u said we should grab something ouit of it. may be next time I go for 1:2 R:R.
[/quote]

Offline raja

« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2013, 05:17:31 PM »
Your entries are great...it'll help to have a target in mind...there is always going to be money left on the table..picking tops and bottoms will drive us crazy, but if you can nail your targets over and over...there is nothing to stop you from increasing your lot size.

Keep up the great work and thanks again for sharing with the forum.

[/quote]
thanks Guy. i'm learning a lot of things from u. hope that more people will share their trades as well. by sharing we learn much than trading alone because that way we filter our mistakes and avoid them. this is my biggest weakness, in past I lost a lot of trades because I go for big gain but at the same time I move my Sl to B/E, as soon as trade goes into my favour. so after a hefty profit I lost many time.well i try to change my trading style.

Offline raja

« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2013, 03:51:36 AM »
entered another long trade caddy.chart is attached for reference.