Author Topic: scalper strategy  (Read 15988 times)

Offline raja

Re: scalper strategy
« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2013, 09:30:16 AM »
entered another long trade caddy.chart is attached for reference.
achieved the target of R:R 1:2. earlier same target on audnzd was also achieved. nice one.

Offline THE GUY

• Administrator
« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2013, 09:53:06 AM »
PERFECT..well done...set the target/stoploss and let the trade play out...well done!!!!!

[/quote]
achieved the target of R:R 1:2. earlier same target on audnzd was also achieved. nice one.
[/quote]

Offline Web

« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2013, 11:41:05 AM »
GUY are you still using 2m TF with the 7ma? I was doing some backtesting and some paper trading last night and was amazed how easy the setup was. Also what time do you usually trade? I live in Denver, CO and try to get up around 7ET.

Offline THE GUY

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2013, 01:23:37 PM »
GUY are you still using 2m TF with the 7ma? I was doing some backtesting and some paper trading last night and was amazed how easy the setup was. Also what time do you usually trade? I live in Denver, CO and try to get up around 7ET.

Hey Web...I spend most of my day cursing trading oil...when I do look at currencies, I tend to look for raja's set up on the 30m

Offline raja

« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2013, 03:37:13 AM »
another one on channel trading.look nice. RR is quite high but keep an eye on the pair if I am around or shall trail the stop. potential is for high return.

Offline raja

« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2013, 08:20:47 AM »
another one on channel trading.look nice. RR is quite high but keep an eye on the pair if I am around or shall trail the stop. potential is for high return.
stopped out on eurcad @ B/E. found another on gbpusd, so entered. i stick to my plan. this time R/R is 1/2

Offline raja

« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2013, 03:46:46 PM »
took this trade earlier which is doing ok.
Guy I have a very bad habbit that is when i'm not in trade , I try to find excuses to get in and most often I lost on those trades. how can I get rid of this habbit. i did same today and lost on three trades and when i traded the right stategy, I was fine. one is about to hit the target and other is profitable.I decided i won't do it today but could not resist and entered thrice. i'm worried about my habit.

Offline THE GUY

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2013, 06:21:46 PM »
It's a common thing...as traders we want to take trades...that's how we make money. Add in the fact that some people are pressed for time and feel an extra urge to take a trade before having to pick up the kids, go to work etc etc.

Do you have a trading plan...listing the trade criteria needed to enter a trade...write it down/print it out and place it on your desk...list the criteria and use it as a checklist....and literally put a checkmark beside the criteria and if all have a checkmark...you can go ahead and take the trade.

Back to basics.

took this trade earlier which is doing ok.
Guy I have a very bad habbit that is when i'm not in trade , I try to find excuses to get in and most often I lost on those trades. how can I get rid of this habbit. i did same today and lost on three trades and when i traded the right stategy, I was fine. one is about to hit the target and other is profitable.I decided i won't do it today but could not resist and entered thrice. i'm worried about my habit.

Offline raja

« Reply #53 on: April 16, 2013, 04:21:26 AM »
thanks Guy, I will keep that in mind.I will have to be more disciplined.
so enter a trade according to my trading plan. lets see how it progress.

Offline RobW

« Reply #54 on: August 13, 2013, 11:14:40 PM »
Hi Raja
In the image you show of the CHFJPY chart - what is your
choice of indicators plse
Rob W

Offline RobW

« Reply #55 on: August 13, 2013, 11:43:21 PM »
Hi Raja
Feel sorry for your 120pip loss- as you say thats trading
Cld you plse let me know your thoughts on determining
at what point in a trade you bring yr SL to BE.
Cheers Rob W

Offline EugalB

« Reply #56 on: September 04, 2013, 07:02:11 PM »
Hi Raja
I have been following this method in the markets I trade. Looks nice.
Any more trades recently for you? How is it going?

Cheers
Eugene