Author Topic: EA Wizard from Strategy Quant  (Read 4180 times)

Offline EugalB

EA Wizard from Strategy Quant
« on: August 29, 2013, 11:26:15 PM »
Hi All

I'm about to buy this wee tool so I can start creating my own EA's. I'm a newbie on MT4 and EA's, so wondering if anyone out there uses this tool and how they found it?
Also is this the right tool to buy?  I have some "trading rules" I want to back test and the thought of learning the source code language thingy just does my head in.
Mucking about in Excel is too slow and unreliable (too many nested if then statements and coding errors).
Any thoughts?

Cheers
Eugene

Offline THE GUY

• Administrator
Re: EA Wizard from Strategy Quant
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 08:05:28 AM »
Hi All

I'm about to buy this wee tool so I can start creating my own EA's. I'm a newbie on MT4 and EA's, so wondering if anyone out there uses this tool and how they found it?
Also is this the right tool to buy?  I have some "trading rules" I want to back test and the thought of learning the source code language thingy just does my head in.
Mucking about in Excel is too slow and unreliable (too many nested if then statements and coding errors).
Any thoughts?

Cheers
Eugene

I'm sorry I can't give you much help with this kinda thing...I have next to zero experience with coding/backtesting/EA's.
Unfortunately the forum isn't very busy so you might be waiting a while to get any answer/help...if ever.

I prefer to test new stuff out on demo, then move to mini lots...but that's just me :-)

Offline EugalB

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2013, 06:59:14 PM »
Yeah I am doing that as well, but testing in real time on a demo can be slow if the trade frequency is low.

I use back testing so I can quickly see if the idea is consistent through various market states...I want to avoid putting money on something that on happens to work during the last 3 months and when volatility like a few years ago or lack of volatility like even further back arrives again (as it will) then the idea fails...

I am playing with VTS EA builder just now, but even these "so simple a child can use it" builders are quite complicated...

Offline THE GUY

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2013, 10:51:10 PM »
Yeah I am doing that as well, but testing in real time on a demo can be slow if the trade frequency is low.

I use back testing so I can quickly see if the idea is consistent through various market states...I want to avoid putting money on something that on happens to work during the last 3 months and when volatility like a few years ago or lack of volatility like even further back arrives again (as it will) then the idea fails...

I am playing with VTS EA builder just now, but even these "so simple a child can use it" builders are quite complicated...

There is also a visual trader type script floating around the web...will try and search for it...it's like a replay that you can place manual trades by a buy/sell script on the screen...you can speed up the playback time fast or slow...might help you as well.

Offline EugalB

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2013, 12:47:07 AM »
Cool, thanks for that.

Offline sam68

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2015, 01:33:47 AM »
Hi, check this out , strategy builder , I am not really an expert on such programs , but it seems easy / web-based
Please let us know your result with it.

https://orbex.tradeworks.io/App.html#Strategies

Offline jpygbp

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2015, 01:44:03 PM »
I have a demo of this tool and it is rather interesting.  It can give code for both mql and c# ninja code.  I tried to let it run with an emphasis on sharpe ratio but it does take some care to get usable results.